Finance in a Lean World
Are your Finance and Accounting functions supporting your lean journey? Finance and Accounting play a significant role in the lean organization as a consultative partner to operations and improvement leaders, yet in some cases, the opportunity to engage this internal resource as a partner in improving value to our customers is missed.
This workshop explores specific opportunities to evolve the lean capabilities of Finance and Accounting in support of the overall Lean Transformation of the organization. Participants will learn about the benefits of this evolution, as well as approaches that have been successful in achieving it, and create a case for change in their own organizations. Participants will draw on specific situations from their own organizations to reinforce the workshop content. They will build on this to inform an overall self-assessment of the current state of Finance and Accounting’s role and draft a case for change (in the form of a problem-solving A3) that they can use to engage their Finance and Accounting partners.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role that the finance and accounting functions plays in both supporting and collaborating on continuous process improvement in a lean organization.
- Describe how a focus on continuous improvement of customer value helps Finance and Accounting evolve its role from report generation to Operations consultative partner.
- Discover how to make visible and understand how continuous process improvement is reflected in organizational financial statements.
- Identify common process families to see how the interconnection between Operations and Finance is key in improving outcomes in areas such as Revenue Cycle and Supply Chain.
- Build a draft case for change for the evolution of the Finance and Accounting function as a discussion document to engage Finance leaders and teams.
Schedule: 1-day (8:00am – 4:00pm)
Required/Recommended Reading: Real Numbers: Management Accounting in a Lean Organization by Jean Cunningham and Orest J. Fiume
Recommended Prerequisite Sessions: None
Who Should Attend: Clinical and nonclinical leaders across the healthcare industry